Neofin Ventures Ltd, (trading as “Unizest”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) is committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy applies to Your use of the Unizest Services (“Services”) accessed through the Unizest website (unizest.co.uk), its mobile and web applications, and all communication made to and from Unizest customer service representatives, including but not limited to communication via phone call, email, SMS, WhatsApp and push notification (together the “Platform”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from You, or that You provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding Your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws (including the Data Protection Act 2018 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 – “GDPR”) (“Data Protection Laws”), the data controller is Unizest. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12632726 and have Our registered office at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about You:
• Information You give Us (Submitted Information): You may give Us information about You by registering for the Services via the Platform, or by corresponding with Us (for example, by e-mail).
• Information We collect about You and Your device: Each time You use the Services We may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the type of mobile device You use, a unique device identifier (for example, Your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser You use and time zone setting. (Device Information);
• Details of Your use of the Services including, but not limited to, traffic data and location data, (Log Information).
• If You contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Uses made of the information: We use information held about You in the following ways:
• Submitted Information: We use Submitted information to provide the Services and when You have provided the appropriate consent, to market Our services to You.
• We will use Device Information and Log Information for Our understanding of how You use the Services, to ensure that it is optimised for Your use.
Why We collect Your personal data
Your personal data is collected primarily so that You can effectively use the Services. In using the Platform and Services You will be asked to provide Your explicit consent to the use Your personal data to provide You with marketing information.
Disclosure of Your information
We will only disclose Your personal data to Our regulated e-money issuer (“Banking Partner”), and not to any other third party.
Where We store Your personal data
Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password that enables You to access the Services, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect Your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once We have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on Your device using application data caches and browser web storage and other technology.