You don’t need to be in the UK yet or have your student address to open an account.
You can start using it today, wherever you are in the world.
When you arrive here, all you need to do is focus on your studies and get settled into student life.
The best bits:
- All you need to open your e-current account is your passport, a valid visa and smartphone
- Make and receive online transfers using your IBAN number, so you can pay your university tuition and/or accommodation fees before you arrive in the UK.
- Order your contactless Debit Mastercard when you know your UK address
- Easily freeze and block your card immediately, plus if it is lost or stolen report it and order another card
- View your monthly statements, plus download, or print a PDF statement straight from the app’s share function
- Get telephone and email assistance from a dedicated Customer Service team on-hand to assist your smooth start
Manage your money
Track it all in the app
Manage your money, payments
and more in a few taps
Life in the UK
Help settling in
We’ve teamed up with Just Good Work to bring you useful tips and advice on living and working in the UK.